Into 'mbomXhosa

The time has come for you to listen to my views...These are my personal views on many issues including politics and political discours, love, societal order/dis-order, Africa, friends, life and much more...So get into my head and hear, read and engage what i have to say...

Friday, February 12, 2010


Why

Why do we conform to foreign phenomenon’s we know absolutely nothing about
Why do we celebrate a day created by a man who has absolutely no bearing on our lives
Why do we find it so easy to stand firm or aberrant merriment?
That fails to undertake our social realities
Why is Sir Valentine the opium of Love and Romance
When in fact this should be our everyday undertaking
Why do we assimilate roses, chocolates and all romantic gestures to true love?
When they are but worldly commodities
Why do we commodify LOVE
What if my man does not conform to that ridiculous notion
And instead shows me love by coming home every day with a smile
By eating my home cooked meals religiously
By watching me wash and iron his clothes
Why do we fail LOVE by confining it to the superficial traits?
Of the inconsiderate market
What is it really about
Is it about LOVE
Or the promotional dialogue
What if I do not want flowers?
And if I do I chose to buy them for myself
What if I do not want chocolates on the 14th of February?
Instead I want to go to church and praise my God
And prepare lunch as per my norm

Why are we such conformist?
To ideals we cannot even explain
Why do we allow ourselves to be brainwashed
To such an extent that we end up owning up to such gibberish
And then cage ourselves and loved ones to this mediocrity
For me Valentines Day means nothing
Absolutely nothing
As it did when I grow up in the heap of Mdantsane
As I raced through its staring glare when I entered the world of the mind colonizers
And it continues to mean nothing
Roses and chocolates - I love and buy for myself
With him I get a mature, deep routed friendship
With wild sexual benefits
And that is enough
All that is material will take care of itself
And will NOT be the barometer from which LOVE is explained
So Sir Valentine and all those who decide to conform
Do not try my patience
By seeking to question my space


Valentine’s Day – what a JOKE …
***LONG Yawn ***

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home